Are you majoring in the minors? Some days it is so easy to get caught up with ‘busy/minor work’ that you forget to do the ‘important/major’ actions that will propel you & your practice forward. This may also be the case with some of your employees.
I get as jazzed up as the next person about creating my list & crossing things off. But, at the end of the day/week/month, I might not be any farther ahead. I find that so frustrating!
Here’s what you can do to get out of this ‘busywork’ rut & on to serious results:
1. Stop & take time to recognize your busy/minor work (yes-time away)
2. Re-evaluate your top goals & list them
3. Prioritize your goals & select 3 top goals
4. Figure out your top 3 important/major actions for each of your 3 goals
5. Re-organize your day so you do these major actions FIRST before something or someone derails you
A good day leads to a good week which leads to a good month & a great year!
I know you may be thinking you don’t have control over your schedule but I challenge you on that. If you ever want/need a fresh perspective, reach out to me! I love doing this exercise with team members as well.