Is laughter abundant in your office? I have smiled so much today listening to the staff, patients & even our postal delivery guy laughing out loud, celebrating success & having fun.
Granted not every day is like this but I can honestly say that most days here are extremely pleasant, productive & bring joy to our team & those we serve. Sound too good to be true? Or can you relate?
I am asked sometimes what you as the owner/physician can do to empower such joy. I believe there are 6 things:
- Have a genuine love for what you do.
- Take care of YOUR physical & psychological health by practicing what you preach.
- Learn what motivates your staff & nurture that motivating source.
- Support independence & teamwork by trusting your staff & challenging them to work towards outcomes instead of focusing on tasks.
- Involve staff in decisions, respect & ask for their opinions & let them know how grateful you are for their loyalty/dedication.
- “Free” those that aren’t serving your vision, mission & patients well.
Might seem simplistic but trust me, these actions matter & can make the difference between a practice you LOVE and a practice that can cause premature burn out.
Reach out to me at Karol@WeightLossPracticeBuilder.com for a free business building or revenue producing chat!