What’s your prescription for overwhelm? At the moment, I have a manuscript to finish, a business training course to finalize, surgery practice financial reports to prepare, back to school shopping with my daughter, packing for an upcoming trip, strategy documentation to create for a few clients and a presentation to create…among other things. And your list is at least this long I am sure.
In addition, you might also have ongoing care for your child or parent on your plate or worse or a serious illness yourself. As you navigate your overwhelm, what helps the most?
For me, here are my ‘go-to’ activities:
- Getting all of my to-do’s out of my head and into a list (mind dump)
- Deep breathing/meditation
- Talking with my husband and/or BFF’s
- Figuring out what the ‘worst case scenario’ is and how I would handle it…once I know that, I can move forward
- Lowering my standards – it took me a LONG time to learn this & works especially well when applied to cleaning & using recipes with more than a few ingredients
- Asking for help (this is REALLY difficult for me)
- Glass of wine on the back deck 🙂
So what works for you? Are you taking time for yourself so you can take care of others? Post below and have an awesome (lower stress) day! You are worth it!