Have you ever attended an awesome conference that rekindled your creativity, stimulated your brain and reminded you of suppressed goals for you and your profession/patients? You likely connected on many levels with like-minded colleagues, had your curiosity piqued by a difference of opinion, were reminded of why you went into your profession in the first place and hopefully had some fun!
You mull these experiences over as you travel back home. You write down new ideas, commit to new goals, look forward to sharing them with your team and are determined to stay connected with some of the new people you enjoyed meeting.
And then it happens – you quickly return to your reality and daily stressors take over. Your dreams, aspirations and ideas take a back seat to putting out fires and coping with the same old problems that remain unresolved. Those great ideas you have don’t seem to translate the same way as you explain them to those you need to convince such as your corporate CEO, CFO or business partner. Bureaucratic systems seem insurmountable. You end up disappointed, tired and frustrated…once again…
- Write down what you want to accomplish and look at it each and every morning.
- Determine at least 1 thing you can accomplish that day that will move you closer to your goal.
- Carve out time (or delegate) so that this 1 thing happens.
- Track your progress.
- If necessary, get an accountability coach to help you map out your plan and implementation plan.
For example – Here is this plan in action:
- What you want to accomplish: Implement retail store for your weight loss practice by (insert date).
- Determine the steps to attaining your goal/carve out time (or delegate) so each occur:
- Meeting for all parties involved to get on the same page and agree on goal(s).
- Create your plan/budget for success
- Decide upon your timeframe for implementation
- Determine the right size store for your situation
- Pick your products
- Set up your sales systems
- Train your staff
- Promote your products
- Track your positive ROI
- Implement growth strategies
- Track your progress
- For quicker implementation and added accountability, hire your bariatric business coach
I know these steps sound simplistic but keeping it simple is what creates quicker results. You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish with a clear goal, clear plan and determination to implement at least one step (no matter how small) each day that moves you in the right direction. This also provides structure for your team which is appreciated more than you may know.
Before you know it, you will see results and you/your team will be motivated to move on to implementing your next great idea! And I am not just saying this – it’s what helps me stay focused and motivated each and every day!