I have talked to so many weight loss practice owners/leaders who are very worried about the viability of their business and how to manage the many changes and mandates coming our way as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. And since I am in the trenches, just like you, you know I get it!
Rather than remain in a state of panic – which can be paralyzing – now is the time to take action to ensure a strong future for you and your business. In fact,I believe what you focus on now is what will be realized in your future.
By now, the initial shock of the COVID-19 crisis has likely worn off and you know it’s time to get moving. After all, you didn’t go to school for all of those years, likely incur some debt (which may or may not be paid off) to be shut down by a virus – no matter how serious. Nope, you are all in and ready to make a difference as well as a great living doing whatever it is you love doing the most (personally and professionally). And good news / bad news: this virus is NOT curing obesity. In fact, if you believe the Facebook memes, quarantine may be setting us up for even more clients in the future. Our services will be in high demand once the quarantine lifts. And…are in high demand now.
If you haven’t already, I recommend you take this opportunity to think about what you REALLY want (your vision), what you LOVE about your business and what frustrates the heck out of you. Glass half full, this is a time to take pause and think about what you want moving forward and what will need to change in order to make that happen. (You know, all the things you never had time to do as you managed your workflow and patient load.) Among others, here are a few possibilities:
* You just want your old, pretty cool life back just as it was.
* You want (and need) to simplify or streamline your operations.
* You want to downsize or upsize your practice.
* You want to add or delete an advance practitioner.
* You want to add or delete members of your team.
* You want to start or stop taking insurance.
* You want to finally add more revenue streams (something you have been putting off).
* You want to figure out the whole social media thing.
* You want to finally implement telemedicine.
* You want to finally write that book you have been thinking about.
* You want to finally start your blog or vlog or educational membership site.
* You want to spend more time with your family.
* You want to volunteer more.
* You want to exercise more.
* You want to retire.
If you are one of those people who doesn’t have time to stop and evaluate this, you are doing yourself a disservice. No one can do this for you. It’s worth your time. If you are not deliberately designing your practice, you leave it more vulnerable to circumstances out of your control such as we are experiencing now in these pandemic times.
It is my passion to help weight loss clinicians emerge stronger (and happier) on the other side. This is a great first step. If you need help clarifying your vision and moving forward, now is the perfect time to join Bariatric Business Boss where there are actionable weekly trainings, plenty of one on one time together, social media plug and play calendars each month, ready to implement resources and more! Message me if you have questions or if you are ready now, visit www.BariatricBusinessBoss.com and we can get started working together right away!